The Celtic Knot: a Wikipedia Language Conference at the University of Edinburgh
From Ewan McAndrew
The Celtic Knot Conference 2017 is the first
Wikipedia Language conference organised in collaboration between the
University of Edinburgh and Wikimedia UK focusing on supporting Celtic
& Indigenous Languages. It takes place at the University of Edinburgh Business School on Thursday 6th July 2017. Booking closes 27 June 2017.
- This Wikimedia UK event will showcase innovative approaches to open education, open knowledge and open data that support and grow Celtic and Indigenous language communities.
- Identifying ways in which our cultural heritage can be not just preserved but, as living languages, engaged with and expanded on so as to enrich the linguistic map of the British Isles and beyond through a cross-pollination of ideas & knowledge exchange.
- Building bridges between communities, this event seeks diverse participants who will share their practice and discover fruitful new collaborations as a result.
Booking is now open if you would like to attend - https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Celtic_Knot_Conference_2017
The main objective for Celtic Knot 2017 is the coming together of practitioners in the same room at same time; strengthening the bonds of those working to support language communities into a 'knot' and leading into action. Attendees can expect to learn about and discuss innovative approaches to open education, open knowledge and open data that support and grow language communities.
- Building language confidence: participation, public engagement & social equality.
- Putting our language on the map: preserving & opening up our cultural heritage.
- Languages on the road to open: ongoing or new projects and initiatives in open knowledge, open education and open data.
- The politics of language: Local, national, and international policy and practice; advocacy for funding, institutional and community support and investment
- Hacking; making; sharing
All presentations and discussions are encouraged to be as engaging and interactive as possible and facilitate learning and sharing by the attendees.For more info on our keynotes and the programme, please visit: https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Celtic_Knot_Conference_2017