Chris Budd - A Mathematical Christmas Stocking
From Belle Taylor
In the final Public Lecture of 2020, Chris Budd presents a selection (box) of mathematical Christmas treats, discussing important festive topics and questions, such as:
- Why is Christmas on Christmas Day?
- The great Christmas jumper off
- How to survive the Strictly Final
- What is the best route for Santa to deliver all of the presents
- How to fold and cut the best Christmas present
- How to cut the Christmas Cake
- And, in homage to 2020....How to organise the ultimate Zoom party
He also discusses The Christmas Stocking Theorem and its application to a famous Christmas Carol.