Edited: Changing your career: Where do I start? 7 April 20
From Sara Shinton  Created from Changing your career: Where do I start? 7April20_final
This workshop focuses on strategies for generating and researching alternative career options. It is aimed at researchers who are considering a change of career direction but who have no clear ideas of what to do next.
This workshop will help you to explore a range of careers open to researchers. It will focus initially on careers linked to research, but outside an academic environment, and other common career areas researchers enter. We will discuss different strategies for coming up with career ideas and the best ways to research careers to determine interest and suitability.
You should attend this workshop if:
- You are considering making a move away from academic research but have no clear ideas of what to do next;
- You have thought about what interests you in a future career;
- You are open to exploring a range of career ideas.
After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand some of the more common career areas researchers enter outside academic research;
- Explore different techniques for generating career ideas;
- Identify good sources of information for generating and researching career options
This workshop relates to domains B2 and B3 of the RDF.
For further information on the RDF visit: http://edin.ac/2cDDzAE