How to explain the dilemma.mp4
From Katarzyna Adamczuk on April 29th, 2019
SoSTART is a randomised controlled trial for adults with atrial fibrillation after a brain haemorrhage.
Watch and listen to a 9-minute interview with the Chief Investigator about how to explain the therapeutic dilemma about oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation after intracranial haemorrhage. He covers these topics:
- Who should explain this to a patient or carer?
- When is the best time to discuss this?
- What can we tell patients who were taking anticoagulation before their bleed about the cause of their haemorrhage?
- What can we tell patients about the benefits of oral anticoagulation?
- What can we tell patients about the hazards of oral anticoagulation?
- How can we describe the balance between benefits and hazards?
- What can we tell patients about their standard care?
- How can the dilemma be resolved?