Referencing for Law - Oct 2021
From SarahLouise McDonald
This session was designed to help students learn to reference for large research projects such as dissertations in the School of Law. We discuss the OSCOLA and Edinburgh Law Review referencing systems and highlight key issues which students at the School of Law will need to be familiar with.
- Why we reference and the definition of plagiarism
- How to use reference systems in assessed work
- What to include in a reference list for OSCOLA
- An assessment of how reference manager software works with OSCOLA
- Hints and tips to make referencing easier
The session was held online using Blackboard Collaborate on 20th October 2021. Please see 'attachments' tab for a Powerpoint or PDF versions of the slides.