Recorded for Health in Social Science's course Research in Health (online). Part 2 of 2.
Why Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases are useful
How to get to them.
Subject Headings or Subject Terms
- what they are
- default search on CINAHL and Ovid MEDLINE, etc.
- using Subject Headings to add synonyms.
- using previous search results sets
- building up a search
Search History for populating PRISMA Flow Diagram
Exporting search results
- RIS files for reference manaement software tools
- RIS or XML files for Covidence.
Reference management software
- EndNote for free from the University's subscription.
- Covidence via the University's subscription.
Using DiscoverEd to know whether you can read an article.
Inter-Library Loan service for material The Library does not have.