IJCC webinar – A strategy for transforming child contact systems: Improving Justice in Child Contact | 9th Nov 2020 (no avatars)
From Chung-Yan Kong on November 19th, 2020  Created from Webinar - A strategy for transforming child contact systems: Improving Justice in Child Contact by Stephanie Donneadieu
This webinar shared how we can systematically change and improve child contactsystems, when children and women have experienced domestic violence. Based on the 5-country project Improving Justice in Child Contact, the webinar will present and discuss learning about how tomake strategic change. This webinar included contributions from the 5 country partners (from Bulgaria, Cyprus, Portugal, Romania, and Scotland) and reflections from the Scottish Government’s Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf.
The webinar was co-chaired by Dr Marsha Scott and Professor Kay Tisdall, Improving Justice in Child Contact, with presentations from:
- Dr Marsha Scott, on behalf of Scottish Women's Aid
- Prof Kay Tisdall, on behalf of the Childhood and Youth Studies Research Group (CYSRG), University of Edinburgh
- Sarah Moton, on behalf of Matter of Focus
- Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Humza Yousaf, on behalf of the Scottish Government
- Laura Albu, on behalf of Fundatia Centrul de Mediere si Securitate Comunitara (CMSC)
- Heloísa Perista, on behalf of Centro de Estudos para a Intervenção Social (CESIS) and
- Elena Triffonova, on behalf of Български център за джендър изследвания (BGRF)
English transcript is available via this LINK.
Note: The parts that show videos of young people in their avatars at the webinar have been deliberately removed from this recording in order to protect their confidentiality.
Information sheets in each partner's language
- Improving Justice in Child Contact Information Sheet Bulgarian
- Improving Justice in Child Contact Information Sheet English
- Improving Justice in Child Contact Information Sheet Greek
- Improving Justice in Child Contact Information Sheet Portuguese
- Improving Justice in Child Contact Information Sheet Romanian
It is a partnership project across Bulgaria, Cyprus, Portugal, Romania and Scotland.