Professional Learning Webinar 'Self-evaluation for self-improvement: more important than ever?' Recording 14 May
From Tanya Lubicz-Nawrocka on May 14th, 2020
This is the recording of the Moray House Professional Learning webinar, 'Self-evaluation for self-improvement: more important than ever?'. This was the second in our webinar series 'Leadership in a Time of Change'.
In these extraordinary times, self-evaluation for self-improvement will be more important than it has ever been. In the current circumstances, inspection of schools and centres by Education Scotland has been suspended. However, wanting and ensuring the very best for our children is a constant. High quality approaches to self-evaluation can be a crucial tool in the coming weeks and months.
Key questions we focused on included:
- What does highly effective self-evaluation for improvement look like?
- What are its core principles?
- How does it relate to high quality leadership and ensuring successful outcomes for children and young people?
- How do you set about undertaking self-evaluation when the vast majority of children and staff are operating from home?
- What are the fundamental ingredients of successful improvement planning generally, and what will successful improvement planning look like, more specifically, for the 2020-21 session?