Professional Learning Webinar 'The Primary Curriculum: getting the right experiences for a changing world?' Recording 21 May
From Tanya Lubicz-Nawrocka on May 21st, 2020
This session explored the curriculum, principles and practices. When we get the curriculum ‘right’, and when delivered effectively, it can influence a range of crucial issues such as raising attainment, meeting learning needs, closing the attainment gap and, importantly, engender a love of learning. The session also faced up to the important issue of planning and organising learning at a time when we don’t know exactly when and how children will return to the school premises.
Key questions asked were:
- What exactly IS the curriculum?
- What does a highly effective curriculum look like?
- What place does curriculum rationale play in this?
- What part does skills development play in this?
- How radical can we be in our curriculum design?